The game is deceptively simple yet infinitely complex.
To receive 0 likes on a photo posted to Instagram.
- The photo and/or caption cannot reference or allude to the game and/or 0 likes specifically. it may reference other photos and/or captions that have been posted for the game.
- Videos do not qualify, because of their buggy and unreliable nature on the platform it creates too many variables to be judged fairly.
- The photo must be posted on your primary Instagram account and it needs to have at least 300 followers. The account must be active, if not posting photos frequently then at least liking others photos actively.
- Competitors cannot like each others posts. Competitors caught sabotaging the game will be suspended until it is determined that they have learned their lesson. Posts liked on good faith, unaware of the game, will be judged on a case by case basis.
- There is no limit to the number of times a photo can be posted.
- Reposting other competitors photos is allowed.
- Deleting a photo removes it's eligibility from the game.
- Deleting photos in general is discouraged but admissible.
Determining a winner
Receiving 0 likes is a sublime task that has yet to be fully realized. I have seen many great 0 like photos eventually fall, first by a single like, then twos, threes and even into double digits. Because a true 0 liked photo is an unreasonable expectation there is a multi-tiered system of victory.
20 minutes: Let the games begin. 45 minutes: Don't get cocky, there's a long way to go. 1 hour: Interesting. We'll see about this. 2 hours: Ok, you have my attention. Now... what are you gonna do with it? 3 hours: This might go the distance. good luck. 6 hours: Wow, ok, yes. 12 hours: Congratulations! You are in the winners circle. 24 hours+: You have ascended to a higher plane. My words no longer have meaning to you.
Styles of play
1. EnduranceA photo is posted and its potential like ncount stretches into infinity. Score is measured against all photos submitted to the game in perpetuity.
2. Grudge MatchA group of people compete for the duration of their time hanging out on that day. a winner is determined by whomever has the fewest likes at the point when the competitors split up.
"0 Likes On Instagram" Invented by Nick DeMarco, 2016.
It is licensed for fair use under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported License.